How do I get this neulion streaming video in high quality?
    There is a hockey tournament that is only being streamed online. As you can see on the page, it is "powered by neulion."

Here is the link. http://youngstars.insinc.com/ When I first watched it, and it was at about youtube quality, maybe a little bit higher, I figured that was just the way it was, maybe they weren't streaming it at a high enough bandwith. But, over the internet, I have corresponded with others who claim it is "TV quality" in full screen, great quality.

I had been viewing it with Safari, so I googled about how to get higher quality. A few things come up, which i have tried, with no success. I have downloaded the latest mac version of flash, flash 10.something. I have downloaded the browsers google chrome, opera, and firefox, and tried all of them, and none of them are any better video quality than safari was. I changed my flash settings so that the link I provided can save unlimited information on my computer. That did nothing, so I changed it back to it's original setting.

What do I need to do to get this to stream in TV quality? The game i want to watch starts in an hour, so if you can help by then, the sooner the better.

Also, maybe of note, I don't know if this stream uses quicktime or not, but I had a problem with an itunes movie rental the other night, and there was a tip online that said to throw out your quicktime player, empty the trash, and then re-download it. Since then, I've re-downloaded quicktime, and I get the installer, and i install it, and it says it needs to restart the computer after installing, and then once it reboots, quicktime is not installed. In other words, I can't get quicktime to install again. (Anyone know how I do that?) Still, I figure if quicktime had anything to do with this stream, it wouldn't work at all. It's working for me at around youtube quality. How do I get it to work at higher quality?

Thank you for your help.

Please, does anyone have an answer for me? Game actually starts at 8:30 not 8, so i have 9 more minutes. Please, what can I do to make it in higher quality?

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    deleted:

I bow to Nethfel's deeper research.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
    Doing a few minutes of research I found your problem - on Neulion's website in their FAQ:

Can I watch NeuLion Video on a Mac?
    Currently the Mac OS is not supported because the media player does not properly support videos with multiple bitstreams. Most Mac computers display the video in a pixelated or distorted manner.
    Their software design is geared for Windows Media Player. Although it will work on a Mac, it won't be as high a quality as it would for a Windows user.
    My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m, 16Gig ram; 2013 Mac Pro 6 core w/ D700, 16Gig Ram; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Linux; Apple TV (1080p version)

Thanks for your help. That's unfortunate...

What about my quicktime player problem? Why won't it re-install after I trashed it the other day? Is it something you have to pay for to get? What's up with this?

Specs:
    Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
    Where did you trash the app? Did you throw it out or just drag it off the dock?
    My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m, 16Gig ram; 2013 Mac Pro 6 core w/ D700, 16Gig Ram; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Linux; Apple TV (1080p version)

Thread Information