New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

How do I get this neulion streaming video in high quality?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

boyledshark22

boyledshark22 is on a distinguished road

There is a hockey tournament that is only being streamed online. As you can see on the page, it is "powered by neulion."

Here is the link. http://youngstars.insinc.com/ When I first watched it, and it was at about youtube quality, maybe a little bit higher, I figured that was just the way it was, maybe they weren't streaming it at a high enough bandwith. But, over the internet, I have corresponded with others who claim it is "TV quality" in full screen, great quality.

I had been viewing it with Safari, so I googled about how to get higher quality. A few things come up, which i have tried, with no success. I have downloaded the latest mac version of flash, flash 10.something. I have downloaded the browsers google chrome, opera, and firefox, and tried all of them, and none of them are any better video quality than safari was. I changed my flash settings so that the link I provided can save unlimited information on my computer. That did nothing, so I changed it back to it's original setting.

What do I need to do to get this to stream in TV quality? The game i want to watch starts in an hour, so if you can help by then, the sooner the better.

Also, maybe of note, I don't know if this stream uses quicktime or not, but I had a problem with an itunes movie rental the other night, and there was a tip online that said to throw out your quicktime player, empty the trash, and then re-download it. Since then, I've re-downloaded quicktime, and I get the installer, and i install it, and it says it needs to restart the computer after installing, and then once it reboots, quicktime is not installed. In other words, I can't get quicktime to install again. (Anyone know how I do that?) Still, I figure if quicktime had anything to do with this stream, it wouldn't work at all. It's working for me at around youtube quality. How do I get it to work at higher quality?

Thank you for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
boyledshark22

Please, does anyone have an answer for me? Game actually starts at 8:30 not 8, so i have 9 more minutes. Please, what can I do to make it in higher quality?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

deleted:

I bow to Nethfel's deeper research.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Doing a few minutes of research I found your problem - on Neulion's website in their FAQ:

Quote:
Can I watch NeuLion Video on a Mac?
Currently the Mac OS is not supported because the media player does not properly support videos with multiple bitstreams. Most Mac computers display the video in a pixelated or distorted manner.
Their software design is geared for Windows Media Player. Although it will work on a Mac, it won't be as high a quality as it would for a Windows user.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
boyledshark22

Thanks for your help. That's unfortunate...

What about my quicktime player problem? Why won't it re-install after I trashed it the other day? Is it something you have to pay for to get? What's up with this?
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Where did you trash the app? Did you throw it out or just drag it off the dock?

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Reduced quality | Need help with iMovie 09 Titles »