Specs:
    MacBook Pro 17" i7 500Gb, 2.66GHz. iPhone 5 32Gb, 16Gb iPod Nano, 8Gb iPod Nano
    toast titanium vs titanium pro
    hello everybody, I am a new mac user and just tried to my first attempt at copying a DVD. I failed miserably. I have decided rather than using disk utility etc to burn a DVD, I just want a simple program to copy DVD's for me.

I am looking at Toast Titanium 10 and Toast Titanium 10 Pro. I have found both on eBay at good prices however Pro is around $100 more expensive than Titanium. What is the difference between them? Is Pro worth the extra money?

By the way, just for the forum rules: I am trying to copy an unprotected DVD. It's a DVD that has home video that was originally on a video and was put onto DVD by the local Kodak centre for me.

- Chris

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Check out this comparison. Roxio Toast 10 Titanium Family - DVD Burning - Mac Software The Toast portiion is the same but the Pro version has several other aps for soundtrack creation, slideshows, etc.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    thanks a lot for your help, slydude. I decided to get the pro version. Enjoy some reputation!

- Chris

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Glad to help. Thanks, enjoying the rep as we speak. lol
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I'm not sure I'm clear on how Toast Titanium (a product I own and enjoy) is any "simpler" for this specific task than Disk Utility?

For Disk Utility, one would:
    1. Mount the DVD, open Disk Utility, choose "New Image from (Device)."
    2. Once the image is created, eject the original disk.
    3. Insert blank DVD, click "Burn ..." choose image.

That's more or less it.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    For just doing a copy of a CD/DVD, I agree. Disk Utility will suffice. I also own Toast and love it but more for large amounts of files or converting a video from say AVI to DVD and then have it burn. I can make one click in Toast and walk away.

So Toast is a great burning application, but for a simple copy like that, you really don't need more than the Disk Utility.

Specs:
    I used to use a CD/DVD burning program on my windows laptop and now have replaced it with a mac. I am still trying to get used to it. I just want a program where I can insert a DVD, press "copy," wait a few minutes, insert a blank DVD, wait a few more minutes and then a copy of the DVD ejects. I don't want to fart around with creating images, selecting images and all that rubbish.

I just want the one click thing. Toast Titanium Pro sounds like my thing.

Thanks for your replies, guys!

- Chris

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    You could try Burn in the meantime, it's free and will do the exact thing you want, the way you want. It's only limited in advanced features.

Burn - Home
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Handbreak
    I always use a software called handbreak. It will condense a DVD right into an AVI. Depending on my specs, mine always turn out around 700mb. Then I pop them in toast, and slam about 5 full movies onto one DVD. No, not PERFECT quality... But it sure works for me.

Thread Information