New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Need help FAST

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Silentnight

Silentnight is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm trying to use an Application I've found for macs,
Anyways what do you guys use to upload "Quick Time player" Videos?
I've tried Youtube,Tinypic,Google Uploading etc
I've tried all day! All help would be appreciated
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Upload to where? What exactly are you trying to do with your video? What is the problem you're having?

I had an issue uploading a video to YouTube once that I had recorded with QT X (there was no sound in the YouTube version). I ended up converting it to WebM with Miro Video Converter and it worked fine.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Silentnight

Upload it to another forum, Using V-Bulletin
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

Again I ask: what is the problem you're having with the services you listed? Can't help if we don't know the issue.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Silentnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Upload to where? What exactly are you trying to do with your video? What is the problem you're having?

I had an issue uploading a video to YouTube once that I had recorded with QT X (there was no sound in the YouTube version). I ended up converting it to WebM with Miro Video Converter and it worked fine.
The Link you gave me, I uploaded one onto it...It doesn't work..
I'm using a program called Screen Record 2
QUOTE Thanks
Silentnight

Quote:
Again I ask: what is the problem you're having with the services you listed? Can't help if we don't know the issue.
It's a screen recorded video. (BBC code forum), and I want to upload in onto the forum. For some reason everytime I try it on something, it wont upload..
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentnight View Post
The Link you gave me, I uploaded one onto it...It doesn't work..
I'm using a program called Screen Record 2
The program doesn't upload your video. Rather, it simply converts it to another format. If you were having problems with the format that is created with Screen Record, try converting it to another format with MVC and then uploading it to something like YouTube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentnight View Post
It's a screen recorded video. (BBC code forum), and I want to upload in onto the forum. For some reason everytime I try it on something, it wont upload..
Do you get a specific error message when you try to upload it somewhere?

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Silentnight

[QUOTE=vansmith;1107530]The program doesn't upload your video. Rather, it simply converts it to another format. If you were having problems with the format that is created with Screen Record, try converting it to another format with MVC and then uploading it to something like YouTube.
[QUOTE]
I tried every single one and it wont upload
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

I know for a fact that converting to WebM with MVC and uploading to YouTube works because I've done it. Did you try WebM?

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Silentnight

Quote:
I know for a fact that converting to WebM with MVC and uploading to YouTube works because I've done it. Did you try WebM?
I put something from Imovie into it and I didn't work.
Same with QTP (Quick Time Player)

Here is my Output: mpeg -i /Users/silentnight/Like a G6 .iMovieProject -f webm -vcodec libvpx_vp8 -acodec libvorbis -ab 160000 -sameq /Users/silentnight/Like a G6 .webm
FFmpeg version UNKNOWN, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers
built on May 23 2010 09:25:30 with gcc 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5646) (dot 1)
configuration: --prefix=/Users/cworth/OtherApps/ffmpeg/ffmpeg/../local/x86_64 --enable-static --enable-shared --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-libmp3lame --enable-pthreads --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-libfaad --enable-libspeex --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-libvpx-vp8 --enable-memalign-hack --disable-debug --disable-stripping --arch=x86_64
libavutil 50.15. 2 / 50.15. 2
libavcodec 52.68. 0 / 52.68. 0
libavformat 52.62. 0 / 52.62. 0
libavdevice 52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
libavfilter 1.20. 0 / 1.20. 0
libswscale 0.10. 0 / 0.10. 0
/Users/silentnight/Like a G6 .iMovieProject: Operation not permitted
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Ah, we have reached the issue! It looks like you are trying to convert/upload an iMovie project which isn't in fact a movie file (it is simply a project file for iMovie). In iMovie, go to Share > Export Movie... to export the movie to disk or you could upload directly to YouTube by going to Share > YouTube... (this is in iMovie 08 so it may differ slightly for your version).

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Silentnight

Thank you for your Help, Vansmith.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Canon Vixia HF R10 - imovie question | Best software for creating still image slideshow »