video editing virgin
    I have no idea.

ok so i got my imac a few months ago now

and i've had a capture card for ages that i never used

the other day i set it up to record some games of call of duty and fifa me and some friends i record it onto my usb stick as mpeg4 files
    and stick it in my pc
    it will only open with quicktime player pro or iphoto

i open imovie and import it in but for some reason it don't look like i have that many options in imovie like rendering ect.

would someone recommend any other program as i am a novice and wanna make some montages and stuff

it also says register imovie? do i have to? i aint got any codes as i thought it is free as i spent over a grand on the pc? Lol confused -.- sorry if im not good at explaining this just kinda in a pickle and stressing bout how i just wanna make a nice little video but cant even manage todo that any help would be appreciated

On the road
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    iMovie is free and no you shouldn't have to register it. In cases where you asked, there is usually an opt out setting and flag that says something like "Don't ask again". Choose that when you say no.

You say iMovie imports fine, so yes, you can make a movie montage. Go check out the tutorials at Apple to see how to use the software.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Also, just to avoid confusion, stop saying "pc" when you mean "Mac."

Yes, the Mac is also a Personal Computer of course, but "pc" generally means "computer running Windows" in casual conversation. I was having quite a time trying to figure out how one would get -- or register -- iMovie on a PC.

Thread Information