Thread: still pictures

still pictures
    I'm using final cut express. I have made a video that includes thirty minutes of video and about 250 still pictures. My question is I put motion in my still pictures and when I burn the video to a dvd the pictures do move like they are suppose to but any picture that has water or anything black looks like its move instead of bring still. They look almost distorted. The pictures are about 1.5mb to 2mb a piece. do i need to remove the settings that I have to make the picture look like they are moving or is there a setting that I'm missing.

The pictures look really bad like I said early the water looks like its moving and buildings look like that swaying.

When I export the movie I export it to quick time like it says then import it into Imovie to make chapter markers then share to IDVD to burn the dvd.

Thanks for any help

Forgot to mention that I'm doing this on New Mac Book Pro and using a Imego external hard drive with firwire as the scratch disc.

21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    It's hard to say without seeing it myself, but my guess is that it could be combing, an artifact that appears when footage has not been de-interlaced. Try exporting with de-interlacing checked in your export settings and that might help.

Thread Information