Convert VHS to DVD - Formac Studio Box
    Hi

I have a Formac Studio Box that I want to use to convert some old VHS tapes to DVD. I know that I can import into iMovie but it seems a bit of a hassle exporting out to iDVD etc. Is there any other software that anyone knows about that will capture and export for recording and/or burning direct.

Thanks in advance.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    If you don't need the fancy menus of iDVD, use Roxio's Toast instead. Or heck, just Burn (free) or VisualHub (free).

Hi Chas, thanks for the suggestions. What I was looking for was software that would take the digital information, encode it and burn to disk, rather than laboriously importing in to iMovie, exporting and burning. Btw Visualhub is not available at the moment.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    VH has been discontinued but continues to be available if you look hard enough. There's also some pretenders to that throne like VideoMonkey, Evom, etc.

A lot of people like Toast for this, because you just toss the video file in there and at some point later you have a DVD (which can even have a basic menu if you like, or not) that's playable on a TV.

Thread Information