New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Convert mp4 to iPhone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

suuunly

suuunly is on a distinguished road

Hi I was wondering if someone could tell me if it is possible to convert mp4 files so that they are compatible with iPhone ( lower the quality of the video ) without losing any of the added information...

I have been using an application called "Visual Hub" and I converted some .mov files to .mp4 but forgot to choose the quality for iPhone.

I have been adding a lot of information to the videos:
- Artist
- Episode ID
- Episode list
- Genre
- TV show
- etc
And there are 78 videos, so you can understand if I don't want to do it all over again

I'm using a Macbook ( Leopard 10.5.8 ) and iTunes 9... having a iPhone 3G

So do you guys have any ideas on how to convert .mp4 files for iPhone without losing all the information

Thanks for your answer and your time
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Not sure if it will work for your specific needs but I would give Handbrake a try.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
suuunly

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Not sure if it will work for your specific needs but I would give Handbrake a try.
Yeah, I already have that application
I tried and it did leave out some things but that was only the things that I could have done again within 5 min

In case anyone is confused: The application I am already using ( VisualHub ) can also make iPhone compatible .mp4 files so I am not in search for any iPhone video converter..... only one that can help me with my specific problem ( Read the first post ( the thread owner ) )
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Doesn't iTunes itself do this?
QUOTE Thanks
suuunly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Doesn't iTunes itself do this?
?? if it can I haven't found it yet :S

Where is it exactly?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I just drug an MP4 video file into iTunes, went under the Advanced menu (I could have right-clicked) and chose "Create iPod or iPhone version" (or "Create iPad or Apple TV version") as needed. It then creates another copy that is auto-sized to whichever version you want (you can then delete the "old" one in iTunes).

As far as I know you could select all 78 MP4, choose to create iPhone versions (which would probably happen overnight), then delete the "old" ones and boom there ya go.
QUOTE Thanks
mknabster

mknabster has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac

You can give Xilisoft video converter a shot, they finally came out with a Mac version, and they have ipod/iphone format settings in there that will convert whatever you pull in there for what you select.

-Matt
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Converting .MOV to .SWF For My Website's Intro | burning dvd-movie with mov/flv files? »