Divx and thumbdrives, Please help me find movie bliss
    I thought I had found a perfect solution to my video needs. I have a Blu Ray player hooked up to my plasma that allows me to stick a thumbdrive in and it will play DIVX/avi encoded movies. My problem is that the Mac will not allow you to load a single file that is larger than 4 GB on a thumbdrive, and my movies usually are larger than that.

It looks like my only solution is to cut the avi files in half. I founnd what was supposed to be a freeware solution, Explicit to do just that, but I've downloaded it twice and it never has worked. It keeps saying every avi file has a damaged header, even though all the files are sound.

Is there another easy way to simply cut a file like this in half so I can load it into my thumbdrive?

Thanks for all the help!

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    The 4GB limit on the flashdrive isn't a Mac problem. That's the limitation of the FAT32 format.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Check to see if your Blu-Ray player can read NTFS-formatted thumbdrives (I'd suggest a google search on the model of BR player plus NTFS). If it can, then reformat the thumbdrive to NTFS and install this on your Mac and you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Check to see if your Blu-Ray player can read NTFS-formatted thumbdrives (I'd suggest a google search on the model of BR player plus NTFS). If it can, then reformat the thumbdrive to NTFS and install this on your Mac and you should be good to go.
    Thanks for the reply, I'll give this a try!

Thread Information