New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Videos won't import

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jack8784

Jack8784 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm trying to get some videos from my video camera to by laptop. Unfortunately, they come in the format: 000001.MTS. Are there any program's that will open this? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Handbrake can convert those files

HandBrake

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

What camera and what program are you using? You aren't supposed to attempt to access the .mts files within an AVCHD structure directly when using iMovie, Final Cut Express or Final Cut Pro.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
sandrina

sandrina is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 13" 2.4 Ghz, RAM 2 GB, HD 250 GB - 27" iMac X Lion 10.7.2 3.4ghz i7 4GB

Hi!

I think this is the best place to ask for help

I have a videocam Sony HDR-CX7 and I cannot import the HD movies. I can import the ones recorded in standard definition in imovie but not the HD. I cannot even see the files.

Do I need to convert those files? How could access to them if I need to convert them to play them?

thank you so much!
S.
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Sandrina: Hi!

First - it's always best to create your own thread with your question rather then posting your question into someone else's thread - especially when it's unrelated to the original topic.

Next - The problem *may* be because you have both SD and HD footage on there that may be causing problems for the import process. If you've imported your SD footage, try deleting it off the card from within the camera then attempt another import (if you don't want to delete the footage forever, assuming this is on a card, copy the entire contents of the card into a folder on your Mac or separate external hard drive to act as a backup for your original footage). SD footage is usually stored in a different manner then HD footage and could prevent iMovie from seeing your HD footage.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Broadcasting PS3 gameplay via imac 27 | Sony DCR-SR37 - IMPORTING MYSTERY! »