Specs:
    iMac 3.06 GHz 4 GB RAM 1TB Hard Drive
    Final Cut Pro Vs Adobe Premiere for Amateur Doing Greenscreen
    Hi all,
    I need to learn a premium video editing software as I will be editing about 3000 short videos for product reviews and 'how to style' video clothing guides. I have to learn using the software pretty much from scratch. I have used premiere and sony vegas a couple of times several years ago but nothing after. I dont want to have to learn both and would like some advice on whoch would best with green screen and adding basic video effects. The videos will be done for online purposes mainly. I'll be buying a macbook pro laptop for this purpose thats for sure.

Specs:
    Late 2008 MBP
    Adobe is more stable... and you've already used it in the past so why change? And since you have used Vegas then you must also have experience using windows based software, frankly for someone with limited experience I would suggest you stick with Adobe or Vegas pro (which would not require a mac to run). Know that if you do go for Final Cut Pro that you will have to get a macbook pro with a higher end video card.

Specs:
    iMac 3.06 GHz 4 GB RAM 1TB Hard Drive
    Thanx Thomas.
    I'll probably still get the macbook pro so what kind of video card would you suggest and would it be possible to get the upgraded video card directly from Apple?
    Oh BTW, I need the buy a decent consumer/prosumer camcorder for green screen, any suggestions?

Specs:
    Late 2008 MBP
    On a macbook pro you don't upgrade the video card yourself, you have to live with the options that Apple provides. To be 100% compatible with Final Cut Pro you need 512 of dedicated memory for the graphics card... That pretty much limits you to the 17 inch or the highest end 15 inch... Now if you don't plan on rendering any 4k files then you can get by with the lower end 15 inch macbook pros.

Thread Information