New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Movie not showing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

busymum

busymum is on a distinguished road

I have a macbook (OS X 10.4.11) with iMovie HD 6. I got lumbered with filming the school nativity play and have to edit it - for the official copy for the whole school, so no pressure there - (and yes, I know it's May already, but I didn't volunteer and was extremely busy with all sorts of other things...) I overcame various problems (not having used iMovie for some time) and ended up working on an external hard drive, as the raw material took up more than 60 Gb.
When I finally finished editing I tried to burn it using iDVD. I tried to import the project, starting from iDVD, rather than staying in iMovies and trying to publish it (I have two "projects" for the two performances, that I need to get onto one DVD) and, it being on an EHD, couldn't find my projects in iMovies folder. I managed to create a pathway to the EHD though and then found, that I would have to upload the whole thing (still 40 Gb) onto my harddrive. As I have only 20 Gb left I abandoned this attempt and then wanted to try to publish the projects, which would also reduce them in size quite considerably, but DISASTER STRUCK.
When I went back into my films the screen was completely black. The play head moves along the timeline, which still has mini pictures and audiowaves, but nothing else happens. The material in "clips" that I haven't used for the final cut play beautifully.
Can anybody help me get my films back?
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Gunshot Effect with iMovie '09? | transferring video from a PC to a MacBook »