Is there a way to do this...
    I apologize if this is a really stupid question, I only recently switched to a mac from a PC and started using iMovie.

I have already started this project in iMovie and I am approaching the home stretch so I'd prefer not to switch software. I would like to end my video with the introduction of a couple people, so I would like to be able display their picture on one side of the screen and have their credentials scroll on the other side.

Unfortunately the picture I have of these people are all "vertical" pictures, to I can not seem to make the green-screen effect work for my needs. I think I could do the effect if I could create an image that was actually the original image next to itself, but I don't know how to do that on a mac. On my old computer, a PC I would have just done that in the Paint application.

Any ideas how I can do this effect (picture on one side, scrolling text on the other with "vertical" pictures)? Thanks

On the road
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    You play some tricks with the scrolling text and picture-in-picture option.

I created some scrolling text and placed the name on the left side only. I cut the other text on the right side. I hit the return key several times between name entries and the 'Starring' text too. I then placed images over the video and choose the picture-in-picture mode when the popup came up, and sized and placed the picture appropriately. For each image and set a time of 2 seconds and Dissolve PIP effect and also to use a shadow. I was also able to do some limited cropping.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Prague, Czech Republic
    2,4Ghz 15" unibody
    Quote Originally Posted by LMAO View Post
    ...a PC I would have just done that in the Paint application.
    If you need a Paint alternative, you can use the free Gimp or Paintbrush to accomplish anything you would with Paint.

Thread Information