New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Flip4Mac Export Hijack

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rwire326

rwire326 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Early 2012 MacBook Pro 15" OS 10.7

I purchased QuickTime Pro years ago, and have been exporting to MP4 quite nicely, since. I've skipped several versions of Flip4Mac because it worked fine for what I needed it to do: VIEW WMV. Last night I accidentally agreed to update Flip4Mac. Now I cannot export to MP4 without getting their stupid watermark, even from an MOV!

I see Telestream has done similar things before, I just wanted to put everyone on notice that they are at it again:
Substitute for Flip4Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
rwire326

rwire326 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Early 2012 MacBook Pro 15" OS 10.7

After trading several emails with Telestream support (and still waiting for a solution), I moved the <hard drive>/Library/Frameworks/TSLicence.framework folder to Trash, used Spotlight to locate any additional Flip4MAc files (none found), emptied Trash, and rebooted. For some unknown reason, TSLicence.framework was not updated last night, nor removed by the Uninstaller.pkg (located in <hard drive>/Applications/Flip4Mac) this morning. I was completely unaware of this folder's association with Flip4Mac, until the first response from Telestream support. After a reinstall of the latest version (downloaded fresh from the Microsoft web site), things seem to be working correctly. So if you encounter something similar...here ya go!

* "Accidentally" defined (for clarification of previous post): I was quite tired last night when my MacBook Pro informed me that there was an update for Flip4Mac - my Windows reflexes kicked in (trained daily at work), and I blindly/foolishly clicked OK.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Editing in Imovie | downloading youtube clips and converting »