bring my movie back
    I created a short highlight movie of my sons soccer team in imovie. To save space on my hard drive, I moved the video clips to an external HD. Now every time I try to watch the movie I have to hook up the external HD. Can I bring back only the clips that were used in making the project or should I import the project into imovie for the dvd that I burned.

Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
    How are you attempting to watch the video? are you trying to watch it in iMovie? If you are, you probably want to export your movie to another file and then play that file rather then opening iMovie to play the project...
    My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)

On the road
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    I'll assume you are talking about iMovie 08 or 09. Go read my response on this thread to get an idea of the folder layout. If you moved the events folders that the clips are in, then I think dragging those events back to the internal drive to your personal events folder will work. That would be an all or nothing solution in that you'll be dragging unused clips.

You could try creating a new event folder and dragging the unused clips there.

By the way, this management can be done within iMovie it self. You'll see symbols like in the Finder that suggest that you are dragging to copy or move the content.

I don't understand why you are talking about a DVD you have already burned. Looks like you want to ask two different questions.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Thread Information