New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iDVD burning problem....project hangs

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jsteven

Jsteven is on a distinguished road

I have an issue Im unable to resolve....I created a project in iDVD using pics from iPhoto and music from iTunes. Added a title page.
Whole project is apx 18 mins in length.

When the project plays back on my Mac 10.4 tiger oper system it looks and plays fine. After I burn the project it hangs in almost the same spot EVERY time...on some players in actually just shuts down.

I have attempted to re-burn the project several times, deleted and recreated the audio playlist, confirmed I have enough HD space and disc space..

This is for a friends birthday party this Saturday....ANY assistence would be greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Here is my guess, what type of media are you using?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Save the project as a disc image.

Now play the disc image on your computer. Does it play smoothly? Then burn from the disc image.

If you're still having problems, it's the media (blank DVDs) you're using, not iDVD.
QUOTE Thanks
Jsteven

Rman and Chas ...The media Im using is Sony DVD-R 4.7 DVD.

I have used these before with prior projects...although shorter in length.
Is there a better media you would recommend?

I will attempt to save the project as a disc image in the meantime.
QUOTE Thanks
Jsteven

As a follow up to an earlier posting I wanted to ask about the best recommended media to use for iDVD.

Im having an issue with an iDVD project which plays back perfect on Mac but hangs on some players and actually shuts down during playback on others.
I currently use Sony DVD-R 4.7 discs. Based on a couple of very good replies to my original post this may be the problem

I have a Tiger OSX 10.4 using iDVD version 6.

Any recommendations on a better media would be great. I have until Saturday to get this project working again.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Note: Merged duplicate threads.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Program to edit large vids for clips? | Converting/compressing .mov file »