New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Canon MVX350i not recognized by iMovie or FCPRO...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bdeivert

bdeivert is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 1.8 mhz single proc.

Hi I am using a brand new camera that is not recognized in iMovie.
I just bought (Yesterday) a PAL CANON MVX350i. Seems like a great camera, BUT I cannot get it to be recognized in the newest version of iMovie. Latest update done... I have also installed the software that came with the camera for OSX, but just seems to be for the digital photo part of things.

I have not found it on any compatibility lists, BUT according to several forums I read in Sweden, all Canon cameras should work, and it was even recommended on the MacUser UK site and reviewed! I am at wit's end about what to do...

I am an experienced Mac user (since 1987) and have used countless Sony cameras in FCPRO and iMovie without a glitch.

I want to keep the camera, but I can't get the footage into the computer... A 2 week old G5 running the latest system software.

any help appreciated. And my sympathies to others with this problem. ALSO, iMovie won't quit, just hangs.

cheers
Bert in Sweden
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Unexpected error encoding and burning avi file in toast titanium 6.1 | Inexpensive video capture for Mac. »