New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

DCR-TRV530 problems with IMAC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

erpeden

erpeden is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMAC 27" IPhone 4 IPad 2

I am new to the mac world and just purchased the 9pin to 4pin cable today so that I could download my movies from my camera to imovie but this thing will not find the camera. I have tried multiple things like putting the mac to sleep and checking the connections, turning the camera to vcr mode and then starting the mac back up still no luck anyone help??
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

What "thing" won't find the camera? The Mac or iMovie? One major difference between Mac and Windows is that on a Mac, it won't necessarily notify you when you plug a piece of equipment unless it needs to for some reason. It won't notify you of the camera being connected, but if it's a supported camera, iMovie should recognize it when you try to import footage...

I should note that I'm not guaranteeing it will work - there have been some people that have had problems with their camcorders on firewire with 10.6.x

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

After hooking up the camera, and turning it on, check System Profiler to see is OS X is seeing the camera. I also, very recently, saw someone complain that their camera took several minutes to be seen. Although I thought that was a USB camera, not a Firewire one.

I've also seen people have issues connecting Firewire cameras to Firewire 800 ports on newer Macs. I don't know if this is common problem, or related to 10.6.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
erpeden

Sorry about not being specific, I meant that the mac nor imovie are recognizing the camera. I connect the camera with the firewire and then open imovie with no luck. I click on import from camera and it just shows the webcam and that is it. I left the camera connected for quite some time last night with no luck. I checked the System Profiler and the computer is not seeing the camera. Any help is greatly appreciated I do not want to buy a new camera.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

What about answers to the other things we've asked.

Do you know that the cable it good? Could it have a short? Does the camera require any setup when being connected to the computer? Is it in playback mode when connected?

There isn't any guarantee that anything we suggest can help. Especially if there is a problem with Apple's tool set up.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
erpeden

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep View Post
What about answers to the other things we've asked.

Do you know that the cable it good? Could it have a short? Does the camera require any setup when being connected to the computer? Is it in playback mode when connected?

There isn't any guarantee that anything we suggest can help. Especially if there is a problem with Apple's tool set up.
I just purchased the cable yesterday at my local Best Buy store. I searched Sony's website and could not find any required drivers or software for this camera when using a mac and I have the camera in playback/vcr mode.

I have a new IMAC purchased two weeks ago. So I guess it has the latest software
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cannot watch a DVD on my Mac | Final Cut Studio learning curve »