Arrow Where do you find the serial number in the actual Final Cut pro program?
    A friend has FCP installed on his desktop. He said he would hook me up with the other license for my laptop. High-5 for that cool guy, right?

However, he can't find the serial number that came with it.

So he has an up-and-running version of FCP on his desktop. Is there a way to find the serial number in the actual program so I can install it on my laptop?

I don't think the program will be of much use without the serial....

Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
    Honestly, if he has his originals, he has his serial number. With FCP there is a sheet that has several stickers in it that are the serial number, one of them many times stuck to the flap on the CD carrier box. If he doesn't, then he's most likely gotten rid of them which makes it illegal to give it to you (and for that matter for him to keep it). Unfortunately, without those, he also can't show proof of ownership, nor can he reinstall should he get a new computer.

Assuming they are really his, I'd suggest you tell him he REALLY needs to find the official numbers that came with his package.

Also know - there are no "two licenses" for a purchased package of FCS, there is a single license and in it the owner is allowed to install one copy on his/her desktop and one on their laptop of which only one of the two installed copies can be used at any one time - by him installing it on your laptop, trying to fly within that license restriction, he's violating the rules as 1) it's not his laptop and 2) chances are you two will be using the program at the same time.

Unfortunately, with the type of help requested, I think it's falling under the not allowed / potential illegal activity making it against forum rules to discuss any further.
    My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m, 16Gig ram; 2013 Mac Pro 6 core w/ D700, 16Gig Ram; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Linux; Apple TV (1080p version)

2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by jordy2324 View Post
    A friend has FCP installed on his desktop. He said he would hook me up with the other license for my laptop. High-5 for that cool guy, right?
    Yeah...real cool! This sort of piracy just makes software more expensive for those of us that purchase it legally!!!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information