New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

swf. to mov converter question.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ChesterHarris

ChesterHarris is on a distinguished road

I was looking for a swf to mov converter for mac and I came across this site. I downloaded the converter and it stated on the installer menu that I needed to download 3 separate binary files called mpeg2enc, mencoder and mplayer so I did that and added them to the installer. When I pressed install it said something about an error in the installation and that it could damage or remove important system files. I'm a but worried about what it means by this, do you know if it means system files of the converter or of the mac itself?

Thanks in advance for any help.
QUOTE Thanks
oposky2006

oposky2006 is on a distinguished road

not need to be so complicated. Try Handbrake, a good free one, very easy to use, it will help convert swf to mov without so many bothering problem.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Well from what i have read in your post, system files mean just that. System files. The app you have dl isnt part of the system. If it was meaning files from the app it would have mentioned that.
As i said system files are system files and i wouldnt mess around with them if i was you. If you delete even one file from the system files your whole OS could crash and be deemed absolutely useless.
I would seriously look at another application for what you want to to do.
Have a look at these ....
Mac SWF Converter
EasyWMV 1.4.5

Looking at them the Mac SWF Converter might be the way to go ...

Cheers

EDIT : Glad you recommended HB oposky it did pass me by, as i use it, but i thought i read somewhere that it cant do SWF. But obviously it can

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
ChesterHarris

ChesterHarris is on a distinguished road

Ok thanks, I think the real reason that it gave me that warning is that it asked me for my Mac log in password before installation and I left it blank and it gave me that message, but when i entered the password and pressed install it didn't give me the message.

I guess the very fact that I'm typing this from the same iMac proves that no system files were damaged as my iMac is working fine.
QUOTE Thanks
spacemanspiff13

spacemanspiff13 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, so after finding a full version of a converter program(using Xilisoft converter) I find myself having another issue. On other converters that weren't registered and even though there was a logo on the screen, it was still able to convert the entire file.

On the one I have now it starts the conversion but stops after what I am guessing is the scene changing within the frames to another viewpoint or action. What happens is it plays the first animation but stops converting the file after the first part of the animation within the file is supposed to change. On the other ones it would just change itself and keep going until it was done.

Is this maybe because the converter is trying to read the file as a movie file in some way as it converts it so its not recognizing the changing scenes within the single swf itself?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do select part of a song to insert on video clip with i-movie | iMovie problems »