New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Please answer right now!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

apoirier594

apoirier594 is an unknown at this point

Hello, please answer this. I made a movie for my spanish class, and it is due tomorrow. It is 5 test grades and if I don't export it, I will fail this quarter.

I have iMovie 09 but my teacher and whole school has windows XP.

PLEASE TELL ME HOW DO I EXPORT THE MOVIE SO THAT IT CAN PLAY ON A WINDOWS XP COMPUTER, WHAT DO I DO??????
QUOTE Thanks
mtbinva

mtbinva will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.

You could start by asking nicer. I understand you plight....

What file formats will iMovie export?
QUOTE Thanks
mtbinva

Mac Specs: 15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.

Try the help files. I found this:

To export your project to the Finder:

Choose Share > Export Movie.
Type a name for the movie in the Export As field, and then choose the location where you want to save it from the Where pop-up menu.
Select the size that best matches what you’ll be using the video for.
Click Export.
To find your exported movie, navigate to the folder that you chose from the Where pop-up menu.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

First, be polite when asking a favor. Your 11th hour request means noting to us and I wouldn't be surprised to here that people ignored your question.

If those school machines have QuickTime, then export as an H.264 QuickTime .mov file. Perhaps my iMovie export guide can help you.

I was able to export a very short file as an AVI, but I don't know if that is due to some add-on I have installed.

Another odd solution is to upload to YouTube and when it completes the conversion, download the result by viewing the file and Safari trick to download it. That will give you a flv file which may be playable in a Windows browser. In fact, when you view your video list, there should be a download button for an MP4 format.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Yeah...when I saw the "Please answer right now!!!" title...I pretty much tuned out anything the OP had to say.

Maybe the "please" in the title was supposed to make the "answer right now" demand ok!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Yeah, the OP gets an "F" for attitude from me.
QUOTE Thanks
Chud

Chud will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.5Ghz C2D 4GB 500GB Seagate 7200RPM / 15" Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 2GB 160GB Seagate 5400rpm

Lesson #1: Favors are just that.
Lesson #2: You get more bees with honey than vinegar.
Lesson #...I think you get it.

Hopefully you figured it out by now, but your worries were most likely unfounded regardless. Simply because you are exporting on a Mac and your teacher has XP does not mean that they will not be able to open the files. Even if your teacher did not have Quicktime or ITunes installed on their PC, once attempting to open the file they would most likely prompted to download the proper files. Not to mention that iMovie will export in several formats.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

I passed on it yesterday at 4:00 pm for just those reasons.

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

It is also possible that the OP does not speak English as a native language. I have a Facebook friend in Poland that occasionally posts in English. My wife also has a cousin in Mexico City who learned English in school. This post reads like one of theirs. "Right now" as a much more negative connotation than "asap", but someone who learned English as a second language wouldn't necessarily understand the difference.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayneal View Post
I passed on it yesterday at 4:00 pm for just those reasons.

Clay
HAHA and he even knows the time

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygray View Post
It is also possible that the OP does not speak English as a native language.
It's also possible that the OP is from Mars, Jupiter, Uranus, or Alpha Centauri...and is about to turn their mind control device on all of us over the internet!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
mtbinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
It's also possible that the OP is from Mars, Jupiter, Uranus, or Alpha Centauri...and is about to turn their mind control device on all of us over the internet!

- Nick
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

*Picture panicking in the street! *
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post

- Nick
Actually, the OP is from North Carolina... not that it lends any certainty to he or she being a native English speaker.

Regardless, the thread title and tone is rude. I know I for one have zero interest in helping. A sense of entitlement in others is a pet peeve of mine.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« URGENT! Need help choosing a Mac! | PC user just got Macbook for Video Editing? »