Desperate help needed.
    I own a mac book pro 2009 and i recently downloaded film files in avi. and mkv. I then bought 50 Memorex DVD-R to copy these films onto so i can watch them on a DVD player.

I have tried about every software going and i cannot find one that works!
    I heard fantastic things about aimersoft which i downloaded then transfered my avi. file to DVD format PAL then burnt it onto disk, put it in my DVD player and nothing happened...
    Any suggestions ?
    I've now wasted 3 discs trying to get it to work!
    Thankyou.

Specs:
    13" MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3.
    Have you tried Roxio Toast 10 Titanium Pro that is probably the most likely to work Roxio Toast 10 Titanium Pro - CD & DVD Burning . Also have you tried crossover for the mac so then you can download Nero, I'm not sure if it would work but I should imagine it would.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by syko232323 View Post
    I own a mac book pro 2009 and i recently downloaded film files in avi. and mkv. I then bought 50 Memorex DVD-R to copy these films onto so i can watch them on a DVD player.

I have tried about every software going and i cannot find one that works!
    I heard fantastic things about aimersoft which i downloaded then transfered my avi. file to DVD format PAL then burnt it onto disk, put it in my DVD player and nothing happened...
    Any suggestions ?
    I've now wasted 3 discs trying to get it to work!
    Thankyou.
    Aimersoft/Aiseesoft/Slysoft et al are pretty much the same crappy software with different front ends. You've heard "fantastic things" about them because they are predominantly advertised via spam on forums like this (although we nuke them very quickly) and pretend to be real users singing their praises.

If you gave any of these companies your credit card number, I would strongly suggest that you get a new one issued. These companies are mostly sham outfits and are little more reputable than any other spammer.

What you need is to encode your AVI and MKV files into a DVD-VIDEO format. Roxio Toast is generally the weapon of choice for that process (as mentioned previously).

And for anyone else looking at this thread, steer clear of the scam software mentioned earlier.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
    Actually, the true Slysoft is a different company than aimersoft and aiseesoft (and I agree that aimersoft and aiseesoft and many like it are illegit entities), but the true Slysoft also doesn't make any apps for OSX, and also, a few of Slysoft apps are standards for certain things on the windows side of the world and do work as both advertised and intended. But as Slysofts apps don't work on OSX, it's really irrelevant.
    My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m, 16Gig ram; 2013 Mac Pro 6 core w/ D700, 16Gig Ram; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Linux; Apple TV (1080p version)

Specs:
    15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
    I have had the same question, and I found and purchased Roxio Toast 10 Titanium

This seems to work for all of my burning needs. In the PC world, I use Nero 9. I like the Roxio line for Mac because it's intuitive and the help files are very clear cut. Funny thing is, I do not like the Roxio stiff for PC.

Just my $0.02.

Downloaded it and it works perfectly. Cannot thankyou enough.

Thread Information