New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Is there a way to download videos from myspace?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ImmortalBeloved

ImmortalBeloved is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 13 Inch Aluminum 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB

My PC hard drive has crashed and there is a video on there that I really want to get back. I uploaded it to my myspace and I am really hoping there is a way to download it to my mac. I have been looking online only to find plug in after plug in that don't seem to work and or websites claiming you can do this by providing a link with not success. I am desperate to get this video back because it's of my daughter. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Videos on MySpace are in Flash format, so you'd want something that claims to capture FLV video. Check on MacUpdate.com and do a search for flash download, check the ratings and see if there's one that specifically says it can grab from myspace. HTH
QUOTE Thanks
ImmortalBeloved

Thanks for the info!!
QUOTE Thanks
ImmortalBeloved

I didn't have much luck. I found a couple of different ones that work great for youtube. They didn't specify if they worked with myspace so I gave it a shot but no luck. There were tons of results to go through so I will probably go back and do more looking. I found some online that are for windows only so when I get my windows pc up and running I will see if I can use one of those programs perhaps.

I am also still crossing my fingers that I will be able to get some data off my hard drive. Not getting my hopes up though.

Also this makes me realize it's time to back up my mac drive!!
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Youtube is easy as you can just open the activity window, find the largest entry for youtube, double click on it and it downloads, no additional software needed. Myspace is a different story tho as their entire thing is shockwave and it streams differently.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

HERE is a free FLV downloader for Mac's. There is a extended version for $29 but if its only the one movie you want might be worth a try if you havnt already.

Good luck as it isnt nice to loose such prised possession's

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Since it's your own account on myspace that you uploaded it with (I'm assuming) - maybe try contacting myspace support and explaining the situation, they may somehow make the file available to you for download...?

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
ImmortalBeloved

Thanks a lot for the suggestions! Much appreciated. I found a whole bunch of photos that I backed up to disc that I had forgotten about so that was nice! Made me feel a bit better. Who knows maybe they would help me out. It's worth a shot!
QUOTE Thanks
jakebrake3202

jakebrake3202 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4, iMac, 5th gen iPod, All of my other iMacs have been turned into aquariums!

Mashable.com has a page with several video downloaders which work for youtube, myspace, and many other video sites

HOW TO: Download YouTube Videos to Your Desktop
I have used keepvid.com and it worked well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« AVCHD Plan to use Low HDD, CPU and Memory while editting! | Having issues exporting video which originated from a Sony Handicam »