New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Burning DVD Troubles....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CPT CHEEZY

CPT CHEEZY is on a distinguished road

I have a couple of videos on my mac and I am trying to get them burned onto a Blank Disk. I am using a Mac OS X Version 10.6.2 (MacBook Pro) and the blank disks i have are Memorex DVD-R. I have tried just right clicking on the video file and clicked burn to disk and i have tried using Toast to burn it to the disk. The process finishes without errors and verifies successfully. But the movie only plays on my mac.

It won't play on any DVD player i try it in or my Xbox or Playstation. Correction, the video i DID NOT use Toast for works on my PLAYSTATION ONLY. I have tried burning the same movie onto two different disks in case i had a bad disk the first time but it still won't work. I also tried a different video in case something was wrong with the initial file. In an APEX DVD player, the first movie comes up with a blank menu and i can't pick anything and the second video (video i used with Toast to burn) says unknown disk. In a Panasonic DVD Player, both movies say to check the disk. Any1 have any solutions for me? Maybe some settings were off when i burned it so a DVD player can't read it? Maybe the Blank Disks Brand is no good?

If the brand is no good...can anyone recomend a good brand of Blank DVDs? I heard that Taiyo Yuden is the best. But idk.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

What format is your video?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
CPT CHEEZY

both videos are AVI files
QUOTE Thanks
CPT CHEEZY

is it possible older DVD players don't play burned DVDs...both DVD players i am trying are pretty aged...probably both made in this decade (2000-2009)...not 100% sure though
QUOTE Thanks
CPT CHEEZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
What format is your video?
when i put the disk in my laptop and right click and click on "get info"....next to format it says Mac OS Extended...is this the problem? maybe i didn't set it up right when i used toast...if any1 can give a brief walk through on how to burn it to a disk using toast, i'd really appreciate any help
QUOTE Thanks
CPT CHEEZY

nvm...i figured out wat i was doing wrong on toast...got it working
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

What did you do to resolve your problem?

So that if someone else comes along with the same problem, they will find an answer.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
CPT CHEEZY

when using toast... there are 5 tabs under the "Toast" label and i was on the wrong tab, i was burning the movies to the disks as if they were data files not video files...i had to go over to the DVD Video tab lol
QUOTE Thanks
cbdgal

cbdgal is on a distinguished road

HI CPT, can you give me the link for toast ? I need to move some of my movies to DVD and I tried using the iDVD on my macbook and it was going to take 88 hrs !! ridiculous ! I assume toast will be my saviour.

Would appreciate link as I dont know what one is best for my macbook (just bought it last month) - thanks CBDGAL Tan !
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Here you go.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
haha that's brilliant. It's about time something like that has been made

l
I’ll keep it short and sweet — Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
jenlazow

jenlazow is on a distinguished road

I am using IDVD to burn a slide show which I created in IPhoto. It goes through the whole process and tells me the DVD has been created and I go to test it and the DVD player spits it out. My husband tried to play it on his PC laptop and the same thing happens. I am using Sony DVD-R 16 speed disc and I have an 2010 Imac. Please help!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Satellite TV software | Problems with corrupt Quicktime files. Help! »