New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Final Cut Pro - Log and Transfer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jerelmac

jerelmac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro - 2.5 GHz - 4 GB

The log and transfer in Final Cut Pro shows only the preview screen - the browser, Queue, and logging sections are gone. I have tried everything I know but can only see the preview pane. This makes it very difficult to use the log and transfer!
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Hi!

If you screen looks like:

Then there is a potentially easy solution - the harder solution is to try to drag the resize controls for the left panel and the bottom panel as many times they won't seem to move.

Try this - resize the window using this area:

I know it sounds weird, but if you drag it the right lower corner and release, it should show the extra windows. It may take dragging it a couple times for it all to get back into place the way it should be.

Hopefully that takes care of your problem.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
BenB

BenB is on a distinguished road

In testing this, the bottom right re-size corner will not reveal anything, just make the overall window size larger or smaller. You have to very carefully mouse over the left and bottom edges to get the "open drawer" cursor, then pull "in" towards the center of the window. It takes a couple of tries, but it'll bring back your drawers in the L&T window.

What made them disappear in the first place is grabbing the left and bottom drawer handles and dragging them "out" to the outer edge of the L&T window to hide them. Don't do this, it's a royal PITA to get them back! LOL!

Apple Certified Master Trainer
bbalser.com
FCPXProUniversity.com
LouisianaCajunCutters.org
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

It must be different in FCS3, in FCS2 - you can do that resize trick to get it to snap the windows back in place. I know it may seem hard to believe that this really works in FCS2 - but to show you, I whipped up a quick video of it you can see here:

http://www.ramicom.com/nethfel/ISUHD2.mov

As you can see, I start with the full L&T window, use the handles to remove the left and bottom, then use the overall window scaling in the lower right and just shift it a bit and they all snap back into position. And - before someone suggests that I changed something - this is on a fresh install (I had recently wiped my laptop as I was planning on selling it then decided to keep it for a while longer )

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« best dvd authoring software? | Quicktime 7 Vs. Quicktime V.10 (SnowLeopard) »