New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

MOD JVC EVERIO in imovies. HELP!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Douglast

Douglast is on a distinguished road

Running OSX 10.5.8 just got a JVC Everio GZ MS 100 memory camcorder.
I want to put movies together of my travels but imovie HD 6.0.3 does not recognise the MOD format. I have 185 MOD and MOI? files. Can anyone recommend a converter and which format imovies takes. Should I buy ilife 09 for editing. This is a new world for me but I learn quickly. Any advice greatly received...Thanks in advance
DTW
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

MPEG Streamclip, a great little free app

Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Chris@JVC

Chris@JVC is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I work for JVC and would like to try and help.

I would highly recommend you upgrade to iMovie '08 or iMovie '09. You will find that the JVC Everio works flawlessly with either of those programs. No conversion software is required of any kind. Just connect via USB, launch iMovie and import your video.

Importing the original native files is not only fast and easy, but you will also get the highest quality.

It's a win-win solution all the way around.

Chris
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac 27" ATI Radeon HD 4670, what software can I use to edit HD home movies? | Can't Import Video Into IMovie... »