New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Camcorder streaming question.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DanMoxon

DanMoxon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.26 GHz Intel core duo

Hey
I work doing production for a wrestling company, I use my Macbook pro with a projector to put videos on the big screen (music/entrance videos and such)
I normally have my JVC everio gz hd320 camcorder nearby recording the show, I was wondering, is there anyway I can take the feed from the camera as its recording and show the camera feed on the projector during the matches?
I currently use VLC to show videos but I cant find a way of showing the video feed on my computer screen along with other videos? sorry if this is a little overcomplicated.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

As far as I know, only firewire based cameras will do that with a Mac.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

I know for a fact that you can record while the camera is connected to the computer, but xstep is right. The only way to transfer video is using a firewire cable, while a USB connection will only transfer still photo's.

l
I’ll keep it short and sweet — Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
Chris@JVC

Chris@JVC is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I work for JVC and would like to try and help.

While you are recording, you cannot connect via USB to your computer and stream at the same time. About the only thing you could do is connect the HDMI output from the camcorder directly to your projector (if it doesn't have HDMI, it may have DVI which is easily adaptable to HDMI) and switch to it that way. That would work to monitor the camcorder live while it is recording.

Chris
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Converting from mac to windows | 2 Part Video Question »