New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

My .avi Movies not compatible with Imovie?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Luke212

Luke212 is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

i'm pretty knew to the macs and have decided to make a lil Movie of One Tree Hill Season 1 however, when i went to import them it said importing and then when 'creating thumbnails' nothing happens. Have searched over this forum about .avi movies and seem to be pretty confused!

Can anyone help me with what i can use to convert or if im doing something wrong?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Ekim

Ekim is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD

Luke,

I am not too sure i completely understand your problem, but i'll give it a shot anyhow! If you are ripping the origina dvds to an avi file then there is a bit of free software that does it, however it needs to be downloaded. One that i have personally used is called Burn. The link is below:

Burn - Home

However, if you already have a collection of .avi files laying around and you are just looking to merge them i did some research and a product by the name Free DVD Ripper seems to be pretty good. The link is below:

DVD Ripper Suite for Mac - Aimersoft DVD Ripper Suite for Mac

Hopefully this is what you were looking for. If not repost, and ill try again

Good luck!
Ekim
QUOTE Thanks
Luke212

Hey thanks for the post I'll try be more specific I kinda wanna cut n edit the episodes and put music behind it etc. But can't seem to import them they are all avi and 1 is mpeg which is greyed out when searching to import so guess that isn't compatible
QUOTE Thanks
Ekim

Ekim is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke212 View Post
Hey thanks for the post I'll try be more specific I kinda wanna cut n edit the episodes and put music behind it etc. But can't seem to import them they are all avi and 1 is mpeg which is greyed out when searching to import so guess that isn't compatible
Try the DVD Ripper software, that should do what you are looking for
QUOTE Thanks
Luke212

What do I convert it to? I have tried divx converter and that didn't seem to work :s
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Recording my Xbox please help!! | 4:3 to 16:9 »