New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Video to add to Garageband tracks...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

twodarhythm

twodarhythm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla

I just got a macbook pro 17" and ive been making some beats on garageband. I love how easy it is to share the tracks by importing them to itunes and share them. I wanted to put some of them to some video so that I could upload them to youtube to share. I was wondering if there is any way to record the iTunes visualizer or anything like that, so that I could just have some cool effects to go along with the music? Any ideas are appreciated.

I love to jump out of perfectly good airplanes!
QUOTE Thanks
iZach

iZach is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch

You can use iMovie to put videos to music. I guess you could record the visualizer with Quicktime X if you have snow leopard. Go to file>new screen recording to record the screen while the visualizer is going. It would probably decrease the frame rate a lot though.

How do you like them Apples?
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla

Is quicktime X the little quicktime icon in my dock that doesnt do anything when I click on it? I can see that it's open in the top bar but it doesnt actually open anything? If so thank you that is EXACTLY what I was looking for!

QUOTE Thanks
iZach

Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch

This is the one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snow_leopard_quicktime_x_icon.jpg (19.4 KB, 1 views)

QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

Thats it! Awesome, thanks again iZach! I can't wait to go home and try it!

QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

The final product...
YouTube - Beat Loop I Made With GarageBand

QUOTE Thanks
Emptee

Emptee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB

Not bad, pretty decent loop. I liked it! I would def recommend looking more into the conversion with quicktime when recording the video and that would be to control the quality and frame rate like Zach mentioned. Also if you are into recording what's visually happening on your screen screenflow and camtasia they are decently priced for the quality they produce. I use screenflow and love it!
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

Thanks Emptee! I'm glad you liked it!! *big smile* Yeah I did notice that it didnt record as fluidly like the frame rate slowed. I will definately check out those two programs!

QUOTE Thanks
iZach

You might be able to get better frame rates by setting the quality to medium
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2010-02-06 at 4.01.32 PM.jpg (87.1 KB, 3 views)

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connect Multiple DV Cameras or Multiple Webcams to 1 Macbook Pro | iMovie PNG Problem I Can't Figure Out »