New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

DVD Screenshots?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RainyDaze

RainyDaze is on a distinguished road

I need to photo capture some images from some DVDs. The DVD Player apparently does not allow that. But two of my co-workers had absolutely no problems doing it and they both have macs (their's are better though. Could that have anything to do with it?). I really need to get these images. Is there a seperate program I can download to watch the DVDs and get the images? Please help, I really need these images as soon as possible.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Apple changed DVD player somewhere along the line (not sure where, prob. 10.6) to allow screenshots, but I've always found the free VLC does the job more easily anyway, since its snapshot engine is built-in. It's a handy tool to have around for other reasons as well.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Im having a lot of fun with Jing ATM and you can pick it up HERE.

You can also do scrolling Screen Shots if you have that long web page you need to get.
Quite versatile ..

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
AaronM

AaronM is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Tower: 2x2.8 Quad & 13"MacBook Pro & an old mirror face G4

Capture Me is stoopid easy to use and free. Drag the window to the size you need and click on it. It also records motion.

Capture Me - Screen Capture Software for Mac OS X
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« best software for stop motion captue and editing? | DVD Ripping »