New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Exported from iMovie, can't play in Adobe Premiere

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

EAlts

EAlts is on a distinguished road

Recently, I put together a commercial using iMovie. The television channel requested I export it to them as an .avi using PAL, 4:3, Progressive.

It plays fine in Quicktime and Windows Media Player but comes out pixelated in Adobe.

Why? The only thing I can think of is that under the option of "key frame rate" under PAL, I chose the option of "Best" instead of 24...Still, if I already set it to PAL, shouldn't that not be an issue?

Thanks for your help.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I am not clear on why you feel you need to copy into Premiere at all.

Export the file from iMove as .DV, then use something like MPEG Streamclip (free) to convert it to avi.
QUOTE Thanks
EAlts

EAlts is on a distinguished road

The commercial is to be played on the station's Adobe Premier player. They asked me to convert it to .avi for them. I did that with iMovie.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Sorry, I appear to have accidentally deleted a section in my original post. The "lost paragraph" talked about how AVI is a container and not a format, therefore the issue with Premiere is that it doesn't understand the video/audio codec choices iMovie made within its AVI output.

By suggesting MPEG Streamclip, I was trying to suggest that if you use a program that allows you to set which codecs you want to use, you can make an AVI that conforms to what your clients want.

It all makes more sense now, eh?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« imovie 09- VHS stops uploading | toast problems »