New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

1st Music video edited with my new MacPro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AAP2140

AAP2140 is on a distinguished road

The music video was shot for the Belgian rockband KEEFMAN, the song is titled "Magere Meisjes" = "Skinny girls" in English. The video was shot on a deserted leasure/holiday facility.

I used my Canon xh-a1 with an Sgpro 35mm adapter combined to a redrock mattebox & shouldermount. I edited the video wit Final Cut Studio on my brand new MacPro... Feedback is welcome as always...

YouTube - KEEFMAN - MAGERE MEISJES

(use the HD or 720p function for best result )

some stills:

making off:

take care !
AAP
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Seems interesting, just wish I understood what he was saying. ^-^"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

p3ezi(moto) will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

looks great..

GS3 - Nexus 7 - 13in Macbook
QUOTE Thanks
AAP2140

Thanks for the support, any feedback is welcome ...

cheers
AAP
QUOTE Thanks
AAP2140

Next week I'll be shooting my 2nd music video and a 3rd one is in pré-production. Too bad the song for the 1st one isn't turning out to be a hit in Belgium, radio stations claim the music is too loud. It could have been great publicity for our new founded production company ... 'giving up' is a verb we have banned from our dictionaries so... time to move on to the next one and use the lessons we have learned from the past!

I'll keep you all posted when our next music video gets released, in the mean time feedback is welcome as always...

Take care all
AAP
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

twodarhythm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla

Great video! Is it possible to create HD projects with iMovie? I have a sony webbie HD camera and I edited a movie in iMovie and uploaded it to youtube but it didn't come out in HD.

I love to jump out of perfectly good airplanes!
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

twodarhythm,

You are hijacking an unrelated thread to your question. Do an independent post. The short answer is yes. In the new post, tell us the version of iMovie you are using.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
AAP2140

No problem, thanks again ... last week the video was shown on a Belgian music channel called TMF...

All feedback pro's or con's still welcome ...
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I am, personally, not wild about the green/yellow saturation. Maybe you were trying to give it a "retro" look with that but I think "film effect" or "washed out" or "shifted colour" would have accomplished the effect perhaps better.

I think its well shot and well edited and does have striking visuals -- everything you want in a music video, in short.

The band are a bit "same-sounding" to me but I hear a lot of that sort of music, that's not intended as a knock against them.

Good luck with it and it always does amaze me how cheaply this stuff can be done compared to just a few years back!
QUOTE Thanks
AAP2140

true...I'm not completely satisfied about the saturation and color correction, it wasn't easy at all to work with "Color" -the grading tool that comes with the FCP Studio bundle-.

+ the fact that every monitor has a different color calibration makes it really though to make the right choices. (especially on Mac's Led Cinema displays it looks really oversaturated while on some TFT PC monitors it looks great.)

Now with the new cheap DSLR cams on the market everybody can make great pro-looking video's for an extremely low cost, there's a Canon DSLR on the market for only $900 I've heard that shoots HD with stunning depth of field & low light sensibility.

Anyway thanks for all the lovely feedback !

take care all
S.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Advice for skipping in iMovie | 2nd Music video edited with my MacPro »