background music in imovie
    Hi! I am new to Macs and have just started dabbling in imovie. I know how to drag background music across and how to start it playing wherever I want but I can still hear the audio from the original video clip in the background. I have a couple of questions-
    1) How do I get rid of that original audio so that all i can hear is the music?
    2) I want to keep some of the original audio in some parts and switch from the people talking to background music. How do I switch from audio to music then back again?
    I have watched the tutorials a million times but I'm clearly missing something-either that or I'm completely stupid!!
    Hope someone can help me!!

Crawley, England
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    I know you can mute the original audio track by dragging the volume cursor to 0, but whether you can do that in sections I don't know. I would hazard a guess that as long as you create chapters for the sections, there should be no reason why not.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
    You can double click on the clip then find the audio tab to change the volume. To make the audio go in and out, just split the clip and change the volume of each new clip individually.
    How do you like them Apples?

Thread Information