01-11-2010, 03:45 PM #1
Problem plugin PANSONIC NV-GS17 to miniMac
- Member Since
- Jan 09, 2010
I do need your help.
I'm trying to plugin a camera PANSONIC NV-GS17 to a new miniMac through Firewire using a 4-Pin to 9-Pin cable (Belkin).
- OS Mac OS 10.6 (10A432).
- System recognizes that is "something" connected but is unable to specify what and, of course, connect.
- System recognizes camera through USB but only as Webcam not as camcorder (Recognized as DVC. You may only take photos with it by using Photo Booth but can't get any video from it.
- Asked Panasonic about problem. Answer: "Panasonic doesn't have an special driver for that OS. Drivers should be a problem to be resolved by the computer maker". Nice service!.
- How can I plugin the camera in my miniMac?
- Do I really need a special dirver?.
- Could anyone help me with that?
Thanks in advance.
01-12-2010, 10:44 AM #2
Should work just fine in iMovie. Do you have the camera in playback mode? Mac's won't capture video via USB, you definitely want to use Firewire. And no, there's no "driver" for digital video cameras, they're a standardized data stream.Apple Certified Master Trainer
01-12-2010, 10:55 AM #3
- Member Since
- Feb 25, 2009
- Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
There have been some well known issues with firewire on 10.6.x, here's a huge thread on it at Apple:
Apple - Support - Discussions - Firewire issues after Snow Leopard... ...
On page 2 someone is having trouble getting their Panasonic camcorder to work on firewire (different model, but same type of problem).
It doesn't seem to affect everyone, but certain hardware just isn't working right for some reason. You may want to see if you have a friend who has a different camcorder that will accept your tapes and see if you can get his to work on your system... Not saying it will solve the problem, just saying that there is an issue and unfortunately, your camcorder may be one that is problematical It could of course be something else, but I'd say read over that thread at Apple and see if there are any tips there that might help.My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m, 16Gig ram; 2013 Mac Pro 6 core w/ D700, 16Gig Ram; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Linux; Apple TV (1080p version)
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By batboyslim in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 10Last Post: 03-09-2013, 05:15 PM
By LeRoutard in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 8Last Post: 03-23-2010, 04:55 AM
By ruskers in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital PhotographyReplies: 5Last Post: 02-21-2009, 06:18 AM
By giandrea77 in forum OS X - Development and DarwinReplies: 0Last Post: 01-22-2009, 05:01 AM