New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

import help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

applelover1

applelover1 is on a distinguished road

i have a zi6 hd vidcorder and i cannot seem to import video from it i made a tutorial and want to use imovie to edit it before i put it on youtube but it just wont let me. help please
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

I don't know what you've tried, but I read a review of the camcorder, here's a relevant paragraphy:

Quote:
To copy your captured content to the Mac, flip out the USB connector, switch on the camera, and jack it into a free USB 2.0 port. If you have the latest version of iPhoto, it launches and offers to import the separate video and image files. If you don’t have the most recent version of iPhoto, you’re welcome to import files into iMovie ‘08 with the File: Import Movie command, or into iMovie HD via the File: Import command. Each command produces an Import navigation window, where you can locate the movies on the attached camera (within the DCIM folder).

The Zi6’s movies are encoded in the H.264 format; as a result, there’s no need to install another codec to use them as you would for movies recorded with the Flip cameras, because H.264 is natively supported by QuickTime (and therefore iMovie and Final Cut Pro). Audio is recorded in the AAC format at 48 Kbps.
The full review I got that from is here: Kodak Zi6 Review | Camcorders | Macworld

Hope it helps a little!

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Using animated gifs in iMovie | Best Camcorder for HD? »