New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Burning an avi file to dvd using Toast 9

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

spalding

spalding is on a distinguished road

I am still a novice where the Mac is concerned, so I wonder if someone can please help me.
I am trying to add an AVI file to Toast 9 to burn it to a DVD without any success, can someone please run it through with me, from start to finish.
Many , many thanks
Ian
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Are you trying to burn it to play in a DVD player?

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I have toast 10 titanium so I'm not sure how it differs from 9. >_<"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
spalding

Yes, I am trying to burn it for use on a DVD player.
QUOTE Thanks
pmurray633

pmurray633 is on a distinguished road

I have found that when I burn a DVD with Toast 10 Titanium (pretty similar to Toast 9) is that about 50% of the movies work, some give me sound, but with a green screen...
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray633 View Post
I have found that when I burn a DVD with Toast 10 Titanium (pretty similar to Toast 9) is that about 50% of the movies work, some give me sound, but with a green screen...
I've never actually burned a DVD with toast before. >_>" That sounds like a bummer though.

Is it the same way when you watch it on your computer? Or is just in dvd players?

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
spalding

It would appear that burning an AVI file to DVD is a real problem using Toast 9.
Can anyone please help me how i can complete this task using any other software.
Many thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

The trouble with doing this is that you are basically making a transcode, adding data to the avi to make it fit a workable dvd format. Not a good thing but possible.
I don't know why Toast isn't working, it should, but there are other options.
ffmpegx will convert avi to any format, so mpeg2 is what you will need for it to work.
Convert it to that, and then use Toast to burn as a data disc and you should be fine.

ffmpegX a DVD, SVCD, VCD, CVD, VOB, DivX, XviD, H.264, PSP, iPod, MP4, MOV, FLV encoder for Mac OSX

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help burning a dvd with i dvd | Web Cam Question »