New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Cinema Display Movie Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ducati748rs

ducati748rs is on a distinguished road

Hello all, new here! Sorry to come in and ask a question right away but I have something that is driving me crazy.

I am running a 15 MacBook Pro with a new 23 inch LED Cinema Display. I do NOT have the displays mirrored as I bought the display to have more desk space so to speak. My issue is that if I try to go full screen in iTunes, it always displays on my laptop instead of my Cinema Display. I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. I have searched google and I cant find any direct mention of this.

I cant imaging Apple would create this awesome display and then NOT allow iTunes to run full screen on it. Yes, I can mirror displays but then it runs on both and kind of defeats the purpose of buying a second (better) display.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks to all!
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

My setup is the same as yours. I bring up iTunes, then grab the little tab at the bottom right corner or the iTunes window and drag it over and down to resize the window to full screen. Yours won't do that?
QUOTE Thanks
ducati748rs

Yeah I can drag itunes but not when in full screen mode. Are you saying when you are watching a movie in full screen mode you can then drag it over to the cinema display?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
ducati748rs

For clarification: When I open a movie, it starts playing in itunes. I then click on view -> full screen. It then opens in full screen mode on my laptop and my cinema display goes black. What I want to happen is the movie to open in full screen on my LED Display and my laptop to go black. If I want to watch a movie on the LED display currently, I have to open settings on the mac and then click 'mirror displays' which then plays it on both. It is annoying having both and it seems to me shouldnt have to be that way...

Any thoughts that could help me?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

If i understand it i do this but just drag the iTunes to your display and then activate full screen. This then will play on the display and your Mac will have the black screen...You havnt actually said or not if you have dragged iTunes to the 23"
Dont mirror the displays. Do detect displays so then you have TWO separate displays then as i said just drag the iTunes window to the 23" play movie and then full screen it ..

Hope this helps and is what you are looking for

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
ZorroAMG

ZorroAMG is a jewel in the roughZorroAMG is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: | '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |

Or make your Cinema display the main monitor. Go to system preferences/displays/arrangement then grab the menu bar and drag it over to the cinema display outline.

QUOTE Thanks
ducati748rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorroAMG View Post
Or make your Cinema display the main monitor. Go to system preferences/displays/arrangement then grab the menu bar and drag it over to the cinema display outline.
This did the trick!!! Thanks you and thanks to everyone for their help! I can stop pulling my hair out now!!! Thanks again, I didnt know you could change the menu bar!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« youtube converter | Ripping/Combining DVD Problem - New to Mac pls help!!! »