New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Burn DVDs

Thread Closed

wbearw

wbearw is on a distinguished road

I use Mactheripper. I am looking for a way to burn the files to dvd from my Mac. I have heard you can use iMovie but i dont know how.

Thanks a bunch
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

What sort of files do you want to burn ??

Why not goto finder>file>new burn folder and drag files into that .......

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
wbearw

I would need to get to my external to tell you the file type. I cannot remember off the top of my head. They are not a file type i normally associate with movies. will post what they are when i can get to them.

To clarify, I am trying to back up my movies on DVDs because my roommates have now scratched the **** out of 2 of my DVDs. but i don't want to make it so they are not accessible. Just leaving out my copies. while i can keep the originals in good shape.
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Oh Ok ... Just be careful about what you want to talk about in this forum, as it doesnt allow chat about ripping DVD's , breaking the encryption and such is illegal ...

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
wbearw

yeah i read that stickied thread at the top. I don't think what I'm doing is illegal.

The file type is a TS folder. I honestly am kind of new to the whole DVD ripping thing.
TattooedMac

Yep to clarify though if its been produced buy a company and sold in a shop then it illegal to rip it ..... And talk about it here

cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

The US DMCA forbids the breaking of any type of encryption or protection mechanism. As such, it is effectively illegal to rip DVDs, even those you own. And since we follow US law here on these forums, this discussion is now over.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Thread Closed

« Handbrake problem? | Imovie exporting??? »