New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iDVD project plus data storage?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Trolle

Trolle is on a distinguished road

I have a short movie i made in iMovie and I want to share it with the family on a DVD. However, there are a lot of pictures that I would also like to share with them.

Is it possible to make a DVD with a movie on it to play on the tv, and also picture files so they can copy them to their computer?
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

In iDVD under the File menu use the 'Save as VIDEO_TS folder...'. When that process is finished, open up the folder you created, create a folder within the top level of that folder called something like Extras and place your graphics there. Remember that you are limited to the amount of space a real DVD will hold since you eventually will burn to one.

I use Toast to burn those, but Disk Utility may be usable here. I don't recall.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
dr dave

dr dave is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro (late 2008), OS 10.6.2, FCE 4.0.1, CS 1

Trolle: Please let us know how well xstep's process works in iDVD. Thanks

"The government has no money except what is confiscated from the people." M. Freidman
QUOTE Thanks
Trolle

Thanks for the tip. I should have the video done in a week or so I will let you know if it works.

Happy New Year.
QUOTE Thanks
Trolle

Well, I figured out a solution other than xstep's.

In iDVD under Advanced you can select Edit DVD-ROM contents. Under the pop-up window you can add folders and choose files to add to the DVD. Under Project on the main menu bar you can select Project Info and see how much space is utilized by the movie and other content.

Once you burn the DVD all will be added to the CD and you can play the DVD on your television/computer and on the computer choose the files that you have added.

This is exactly what I was looking for so that the family have all the pictures from our vacation, which were not included in the movie.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Trolle, Thanks for that great reminder. I had forgotten about that. Glad to see you dug deeper.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Video Editing | VLC Player on IMAC »