New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

How to video chat with my nieces mac book

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sam joyce

sam joyce is an unknown at this point

Hi I havent had my mac long, imac 24 inch with cam.and my niece has just got a mac book pro with camera, what is the best way for us to video conference, It looks like ichat and I have a bonjour account on my mac? Many thanks Sam
QUOTE Thanks
thetechguyblog

thetechguyblog is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4GB Ram Running Snow Leopard

Probably the easiest for both of you would be for you to download Skype. Then you can video chat with other people as well. Skype is free.
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

AFAIK you can also use iChat, but I don't talk to anyone on iChat, so I really don't know how to set it up.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

iChat will indeed allow you to video chat with each other. The iChat help files are very helpful but if you need additional assistance try http://mactips.info/2007/02/set-up-ichat. There are some links to additional information on video chats. A specific tutorial on video chats can be found at http://www.mvldesign.com/video_conference_tutorial.html

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
sam joyce

sam joyce is an unknown at this point

Thanks Guys
QUOTE Thanks
BenB

BenB is on a distinguished road

iChat is great because you can also do screen sharing with it.

Apple Certified Master Trainer
bbalser.com
FCPXProUniversity.com
LouisianaCajunCutters.org
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMovie 08 | Need advice for encoding Video-TS to Divx format with DVD quality »