New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

youtuve video resolution

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rdsii64

rdsii64 is on a distinguished road

since I have had my new 24 inch imac I have been playing with imovie and my camcorder making short videos of my favorite hobby and posting them on youtube. the videos look ok once uploaded as long as you don't view them full screen. I would like to increase the quality of my videos to such that they look nice when viewed full screen. So my question is this, is the video being compressed to much or do I need a better video camera.

If the video is being compressed to much before uploading it to youtube, how do I resolve this. If I need a better video camera what model will give me what I am looking for.
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

YouTube Compression Quality & iMovie

QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

What is the video resolution you are uploading? What is the full screen resolution you are displaying on? If you are blowing up the picture, then expect pixelizeation.

No matter how good the quality is you are uploading, remember that YouTube re-encodes your upload to their specs and will reduce the data rate substantially which will cause a lower quality result. You still want to upload the best quality that you can.

You didn't say anything about your camera, so we can't say if another one might help out. If your camera is standard def, then yes, a high def camera will help.

See my YouTube and iMovie export guides for some helpful information.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
dfaWsd

dfaWsd is on a distinguished road

but we can choose HD Video for viewing, youtube supports this.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Yes, you can edit, export and upload HD video to the web.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Convert .SWF to Quicktime | Sony Camcorder, Mac and PS3 »