New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

imovie 09 no longer converting clips for speed change

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tstolarski

tstolarski is on a distinguished road

The issue is exactly this: I am attempting to create a time lapse video using several different clips. All of this footage comes from the same camera. I'm aware that I must "convert entire clip" in order to be able to adjust the speed to my specifications. Half-way through this process, imovie began giving me the following error message: "This clip cannot be converted. Error -50". So now i sit with some of the clips converted and the others not. This applies to every clip and not just one specific. I am no longer able to convert any of my footage from any clip. This just randomly happened midway through converting the clips individually. Taking a look at the clip in quicktime's inspector, here is what is seen:

clip that has been converted: http://files.me.com/toddstolarski/ipq4rf

clip that cannot be converted: http://files.me.com/toddstolarski/orv46o

here is a snapshot of my quicktime codecs folder: http://files.me.com/toddstolarski/ajfj86

Additionally, when attempting to move rejected clips to trash nothing happens. At first attempt, it showed a progress bar and ironically, began to fill up my hard drive. the items never made it to my trash bin nor were they deleted. now, with each subsequent attempt, i click on the available icon only to have it depress for a moment, followed by nothing. the rejected clips remain. how can i get rid of them?

so, two issues id like to resolve really. any help on either is greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Video Converting Problems | Connect Canon FS11 as webcam »