New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Blackmagic Intensity Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jadolfo

jadolfo is on a distinguished road

hi i have a 2008 mac pro and i want to connect my hd cable box to my mac with this card Blackmagic Design: Intensity
so i can view hd live tv it is possible .

tnks
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Judging by their home page, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to... But it looks more like a capture rather then realtime viewer card. Probably your best bet would be to contact them directly to see if it would allow you to view in realtime.

Another issue you may run into is if you're viewing an HD channel that uses copy protection (ie: potentially a HD PPV movie) that might prevent you from watching /recording the given program on your Mac...

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Are There any programs similar to adobe after effect for mac? | Video Converting Problems »