OK so i bought this make thinking it would be my video editing king! But I cant even find video enhancing software for make...let alone free ware....I have AVI's that i would like to improve the resolution and bit rate and am looking for something that can do that..all i found was avidemux and thats it...any help?

also I saw this...piece of spam software creator for mac...but im assuming it is the same thing as toast titanium....Am I losing quality by letting toast convert my avi and then burn....or is my mac burner just crap or is it the quality of these videos from the 90s cant be helped!

ok so im just gonna post in another category cause this dosnt seem to be in the right spot i guess...ok what it comes down to....is using toast titanium to convert and burn avi to dvd the reason for my quality loss?

Quote Originally Posted by kaoticsolja View Post
    OK so i bought this make thinking it would be my video editing king! But I cant even find video enhancing software for make...let alone free ware....I have AVI's that i would like to improve the resolution and bit rate and am looking for something that can do that..all i found was avidemux and thats it...any help?

also I saw this...piece of spam software creator for mac...but im assuming it is the same thing as toast titanium....Am I losing quality by letting toast convert my avi and then burn....or is my mac burner just crap or is it the quality of these videos from the 90s cant be helped!
    I think fcp can help u, it is a powerful editing software, of course u can do some setting

Specs:
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    What is 'make'?

You can't improve resolution. It is what it is. You can alter the picture characteristics, including the resolution size.

Garbage in, Garbage out! In other words, you can't expect to improve poor quality video much. A burner never alters the file you hand it.

People ask about working with AVIs all the time here. Do a little searching of the forum. Depending on workflow, it may be best to convert them to a codec in QuickTime that is friendly to the tool you are using. You might even be able to use iMovie with your AVIs if you install Perian or Flip4Mac.

Depending on the input and settings, Toast may be lowering the quality. You'll need to explain more and have a more experienced Toast user respond. Details of the input files and details of your Toast settings.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by xstep View Post
    What is 'make'?

You can't improve resolution. It is what it is. You can alter the picture characteristics, including the resolution size.

Garbage in, Garbage out! In other words, you can't expect to improve poor quality video much. A burner never alters the file you hand it.

People ask about working with AVIs all the time here. Do a little searching of the forum. Depending on workflow, it may be best to convert them to a codec in QuickTime that is friendly to the tool you are using. You might even be able to use iMovie with your AVIs if you install Perian or Flip4Mac.

Depending on the input and settings, Toast may be lowering the quality. You'll need to explain more and have a more experienced Toast user respond. Details of the input files and details of your Toast settings.

Exactly!! Don't expect any software that will IMPROVE RESOLUTION, at least you can't do it currently.
    Any video converter for Mac, free or commercial, it will converts video to different formats and then they have different resolutions. If you want to get a better output quality you need to have a good original video quality.

Thread Information