New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iMovie HD manipulation problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brokeenthusiast

brokeenthusiast is on a distinguished road

I am using iMovie HD 5.0.2, and I am having trouble adjusting the time of one of my clips. I heard that it could be because of the Ken Burns effect is enabled so I disabled that. But I a still having trouble lengthening it. The video is a series of pictures which I have text over and some titles over black. I get an arrow to shorten the video but not one of the arrows that goes both ways. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
QUOTE Thanks
Mitcherooney

Mitcherooney will become famous soon enough

Hi Brokeenthusiast

Hope that I can help. I'm more familiar with ver. 6 of iMovie, but the following may provide a solution.....

Let's assume that you have three photos that you want to alter. Select one of your pictures (on the panel at the bottom of the screen where they are displayed) and double click.

Up pops a panel (see pic). Overtype the duration to whatever you want. Then click on 'Set'. You should see that the duration has changed on the clip. Then do the same with all the others...

Hope this does the trick.

(PS You have to select an element between the colons rather than everything at once)

Cheers Mitcherooney

Attachment 11624

Attachment 11625
QUOTE Thanks
brokeenthusiast

I cannot see either of those attachements
QUOTE Thanks
brokeenthusiast

As you can see the only thing that I can change is the name of the slide.

And when I switch to the timeline view I only get the arrow that goes to shorten the video. edit- it doesnt show in this picture but it looks like this <-|

QUOTE Thanks
Mitcherooney

Mitcherooney will become famous soon enough

Hello again.

I'm surprised that you can't see the attachments - you did click on them?

Looking at your pics - lrt's work on the lower one. To make it more manageable, it's useful to stretch things a bit so you need to drag the 'blue blob' (at bottom left) to the right until you can see your photo (.dv) clearly.

Picture 4.png

Hopefully, you will be able to see the attached picture. If you select your clip you can adjust the duration by dragging the right-hand edge left or right until you're satisfied. The arrows indicate the points where a single headed or double headed arrow appears.

With luck you can adjust the duration to suit.

Cheers M
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« idvd Q | iMovie HD 6 »