VHS to Digital OS X
    Hey guys, I'm sorry if there's already been threads posted on this (which I'm sure there have been) but they all seem to be somewhat ambiguous. What I'm trying to do is find the cheapest and best way to transfer old VHS tapes to my Macbook...

So far I've heard of programs like Roxio Easy VHS to DVD for Mac but the reviews on Amazon are pretty poor. There's also this Pinnacle software too but it's also got pretty bad reviews. I've also heard some vague references to a way you can do it with iMovie but I'm just not sure what route to take.

I know there's a relatively easy way to do this but I'm just not sure. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Los Angeles, California
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Some video cameras can be use as a bridge between your VCR and you computer. I know I was able to do it with my Canon Optura 20 before it died.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

and if i don't have a video camera?

Crawley, England
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    The cheapest way by far is to buy a DVD recorder to be honest. To do it direct to Mac you need an analogue to digital converter, and they really aren't that good to be honest (UNLESS YOU SPEND A LOT!)
    If you go the DVD recorder route you can the back up the disc to your HD.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Thread Information