Can I put 'FREE TEXT' in iMovie?
    Hello, everyone! Thank you for concerning this thread!

I am using iMovie for history project... I do not really have any video clips to operate with, but I chose to use iMovie because it has much more effects and etc. You know.

So I am using pictures and texts, mostly. Then I figured out that iMovie has such a limited titles. I cannot edit title box; I want a sort of paragraph from, not only two lines... Is there any way to put FREE TEXT in iMovie?

At this point, I missed Movie Maker from Window... This is not a good news! Please help me!!

p.s Oh, by the way, I am using IMovie '07. :-D

NW Left Coast
    iMac 27" Late 2013 - 3.5GHz Core i7 - 32GB RAM - GTX 780< 4GB GPU
    iMovie is limited that's impressive but you get what you pay for. Final Cut Express (or Final Cut Studio) will do more of what you want. You could also consider creating your presentation in Keynote and then importing that into iMovie. More here:

Keynote: Exporting a presentation from Keynote to iMovie

On the road
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    First, being that Apple has never released an iMovie 07, I can say you are not using iMovie 07. Use the about box to get this accurate.

As richsadams said, iMovie doesn't have this ability in its design. It may be possible that iMovie HD has some third party add-on available, but that would cost you, and they would not be usable with the newer iMovie 08/09 versions.

Another trick might be to create a graphic the size of your intended output video size and import those in order of the text. Each graphic would have some lines or a paragraph. By bringing them in order, you could apply transitions between them.

If you have Keynote, it will be a lot easier to do something interesting their.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Thread Information