Voice output gets clipped in the export
    Hi guys,

I dont know how to explain this problem but here goes, i am exporting my movie with the H.264 compression and a .mov file.

When I see the final output movie it is fine for a while than the video and the audio looses sync, i mean I am saying a different thing on screen and the voice is saying something different.

Does anybody know how to correct this and I hope I am clear about my problem and havent confused u guys...

I am using FCP 7

Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
    Normally, I'd say it sounds like a dropframe/non-dropframe issue - BUT I do remember having some trouble with using the quicktime conversion to convert video footage - the problem can end up where it guesses wrong on your timebase. If you go into your quicktime conversion, and on the video portion, click settings - and where it says Framerate - most likely it currently is set to "Current" - change that to what your video frame rate really is (most likely 29.97 or 59.94) and re-export and see what happens.

You can tell what your frame rate is set to - if you look at your project area, where it shows the sequence and the video capture files, if you scroll across that table, you'll se a section that states Vid Rate; that number *should* be accurate, and usually is the same between the video source files and your sequence.

ps - what you're referring to is an audio sync problem (or audio / video sync issue) - not a clipping issue. When people refer to clipping issues - they are referring to audio exceeding maximum levels causing a flattop on waveforms - hence clipping the tops and/or bottoms of audio. This might help explain it a bit better: - otherwise, your title would have been clearer with - audio going out of sync with video when exported.
    My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m, 16Gig ram; 2013 Mac Pro 6 core w/ D700, 16Gig Ram; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Linux; Apple TV (1080p version)

Thread Information