New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

imovie/idvd 09

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

casper69

casper69 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17in GS Macbook Pro 3.06ghz, 4gb ram, 500 hdd 7200 rpm,9400m and gt graphics

hi all

just sent a project to idvd and picked one of the menu screen selections but on the Revolution one is there any way to change the wording going around the clip being played on the dvd menu screen?

also

in imovie how can i select a external harddrive to save all projects,works and imports to as when importing it will only allow me to select the macbook HDD

cheers
QUOTE Thanks
Vinniecole

Vinniecole is on a distinguished road

i found saving a project to an external hard drive an issue aswel. The way around it is, make the file in imovie, then before you import all the video info, save it over to your hard drive. Then open it up again, this time it will save to its original location, that being the x hardrive.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

For the Revolution text, I think it only takes on the title that is near the top. Double click that, change the text, then click somewhere else to de-select it. The change will appear.

When you import video, a window pops up. Near the top of that window is a popup that allows you to choose the drive. That is the same window where you use a current event or set a name for a new one.

If you want to move events to another drive, hook it up and it should appear in the even library list on the left side. Drag the event to be moved to that other drive. You may have to also remove it from the previous drive. You can do the same thing with projects I think, but when creating them, you may have have to first hi-lite the drive of choice.

There are several folders iMovie creates in your Movies folder by default. They are "iMovie Events", "iMovie Projects", and when needed "iMovie Sharing" and I think "iMovie Original from speed conversion". I just noticed that last one. Anyway, the first two can also exist on the top level of external drives. NEVER mess with these files as far as changing their names or moving them out of their place. Yes, it can be manually moved, if you know what you are doing.

P.S. Now that I thing about it, "iMovie Original from speed conversion" is probably a backup I made due to some processing I did.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
casper69

casper69 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17in GS Macbook Pro 3.06ghz, 4gb ram, 500 hdd 7200 rpm,9400m and gt graphics

cheers guys
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trouble uploading iMovie to YouTube | Quicktime Videos Shrunk? »