New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Saving a movie in a file format recognizable by iMovie

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Trolle

Trolle is on a distinguished road

So, I have some MTS movie files that I wish to edit in iMovie.

These files can't be imported since they were downloaded from the video camera prior to me getting my Mac (tsk, tsk iMovie...why such a hassle with this?). There are tons of posts existing that people can't get this to work.

How can I convert the MTS file into a format that iMovie likes? And what file should it be?

Does anyone have experience with this: imovie import MTS - How to import MTS video into Apple iMovie on Mac OS X with mts to imovie importing
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

You might want to look at VoltaicHD and Videopier.

The above tools base at least some of their conversion code on FFmpeg. Problem is that it appears that you have to download source code and compile it.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Low Budget lighting | Dual Layer DVDs »