New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

need a program for converting video and audio

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dakkon

Dakkon is on a distinguished road

Hey guys. I have some Avi files that I want to rip the audio off and convert to mp3 for my ipod.

Can someone recommend a good program to do this? I would prefer a freeware or shareware file. but whatever is easy to use is the primary feature.

I wouldn't mind being able to mix the newly created mp3 file with an existing one to create my own if possible but that is secondary to actually being able to rip the audio from the movie.

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

I'm pretty sure you should be able to do that with mpegstreamclip:

Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac OS X

price is perfect for your requirements

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Welcome to Mac Forums Dakkon ...... very resourceful place .....

There is Audio Hijack Pro and here is a little write up about it .....

Ever wanted to record a song from the internet but just didn't have the right tool? Audio Hijack Pro can do that for you. Even better it can record literally any sound from any application or piece of hardware connected to your Mac.

Every piece of audio you grab is saved in the recording bin list. You'll find that Audio Hijack Pro has a quick record function and also lists preset recordings for specific applications like Safari, Skype, iTunes or iChat. It's very easy to add new ones and this really automates the recording process.

You can schedule automatic recording at precise days and hours of the week for each application. Audio Hijack Pro also lets you enter metadata, although it all has to be done manually (I didn't see an import feature), which is a little tedious.

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
demonhawk3

demonhawk3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedmac View Post
Welcome to Mac Forums Dakkon ...... very resourceful place .....

There is Audio Hijack Pro and here is a little write up about it .....

Ever wanted to record a song from the internet but just didn't have the right tool? Audio Hijack Pro can do that for you. Even better it can record literally any sound from any application or piece of hardware connected to your Mac.

Every piece of audio you grab is saved in the recording bin list. You'll find that Audio Hijack Pro has a quick record function and also lists preset recordings for specific applications like Safari, Skype, iTunes or iChat. It's very easy to add new ones and this really automates the recording process.

You can schedule automatic recording at precise days and hours of the week for each application. Audio Hijack Pro also lets you enter metadata, although it all has to be done manually (I didn't see an import feature), which is a little tedious.

Cheers
Audio Hijack apparently only records sound not the video
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhawk3 View Post
Audio Hijack apparently only records sound not the video
I think the OP was only after audio features..... may be mistaken.

Have a look at Audacity for your mixing/editing once you have stripped the audio out.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Reading AVCHD on Mac pro | Title slides - animated transitions - what program to use? »